The pressurized metered-dose inhaler (pMDI) is the most prescribed and possibly most abused aerosol medication system in the world. Many patients continue to heavily rely on their albuterol inhaler to control their asthma instead of also using an inhaled corticosteroid inhaler (ICS).
- Education Retention Time- Although many health care providers spend a significant amount of time educating patients on the proper use of pMDI’s, yet as many as 65-90% of patients continue to use their pMDI incorrectly.
- Combining the RiteFlo™ with an inhaler can be of significant value to parents who want to switch from long nebulization times to shorter treatment times.
- Proper inhalation technique is simplified for older and younger patients when an inhaler is combined with the RiteFlo™.
- Cost Effectiveness- Inhalers with RiteFlo™ is more cost effective than nebulizers or the more expensive dry powdered inhalers (DPI’s).
- Hospital studies that converted from nebulizers to holding chambers show improved asthma outcomes and significant cost savings